Saturday, October 14, 2006

Only One Mother.....


Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky,
Hundreds of shells on the shore together,
Hundreds of birds that go singing by,
Hundreds of lambs in the sunny weather.

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the world wide over.

Mother's DayThe kindest face I'll ever see,
The kindest voice I'll ever hear.
The one who cares the most for meIs my own mother dear.

All through the yearI'll try to doThe things that showMy love for you.
And not be happy just to say,"I love you, Mother," on Mother's Day.

Take an angel from the skyAnd send her down this way.
Then send some little boys and girlsTo keep her company.
Then fill her heartWith Mother love,
Give her a smile of cheer.
And you'll have a kind of MotherJust like my Mother, dear.

No comments: